Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trip Report Part Two of Three: Clearlake State Park











On Tuesday I took my kayak to do some photography with my friend Joe to Clearlake State Park near Kelseyville in Northern, California. I use a Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 for my photgraphy because it is really stable. I have a custom made camera support that I use on my kayak that makes photography from a kayak much easier than using a tripod or hand holding the camera. Please take a look at my other blog to learn more.

http://diyphotocheapodepot.blogspot.com/2011/04/kayak-camera-support.html

OK enough for commercial breaks. After leaving Joe to his fishing I paddled up Kelsey Creek. Here the fall colors were superb. I passed a few more Mallards and saw a couple of Cormorants perched up on snags. The best sight of all was when I rounded the point leading into the slough were two deer out in the water. They just stood and watched me not sure what to do before they high tailed it up into the forest. I found them down at the waters edge later on in the day and I photographed them again.

Leaving Kelsey Creek I headed for the entrance to Cole Creek heading into the last installment of this trip report.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment