Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Change in Light


It's really interesting how many humans are attracted to a high change in contrast or light values. We find beauty in dramatic shifts from dark to light. I was reminded of this fact today when I stepped out of my photography blind to go into the house. There was this Douglas Tree Squirrel on a stub of a branch above my head complaining like mad of my prescence below her tree. She was sitting in a shaft of light and it was dark all around her. If a squirrel can look beautiful she did.

Just think of how many images you may have liked because there was a dramatic change in the contrast of the image. Sunsrises and sunsets are a very good example of that. As are pictures of waves crashing onto the dark rocks of the coastline.Perhaps it is why so many people can enjoy Black and White photography. Something to give thought to anyway.

God's precious love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment