Monday, June 20, 2011

Kathy's Image


This image is in memory of Kathyrn Rued. One of the kindest most wonderful people I worked with in my twenty years of teaching. My kids always called her the nice lady in the office at the middle school where I taught. She always had kind words to say to everyone. Not that she couldn't draw the line when she needed to with a troublesome student. She was just such a good natured person to be around and so generous to other people. Kathy and I both had a thing for dark chocolate and she always kept a piece set aside for me when I was feeling down. Every once in awhile I would return the favor by restocking the supply she kept in her desk. She also was one heck of a good cook and she would bring goodies into the office that she had made for the staff to eat.

When I retired from teaching I lost track of Kathy and only recently learned of her death. Now whenever I see the Willits Arch at night I think of her because one of my images of the arch at night was one of her favorites. She used to bug me to make some more of them because she wanted to send some to her daughter Emily.

Tonight I was driving by the arch and and I thought of Kathy. On the spur of the moment I decided what to do. Why not take an image of the arch and dedicate it to Kathy. So Kathy this one is for you.

God bless you,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment