Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It Never Rains in California


We awoke to the sound of rain this morning. Which for being close to the end of June is fairly uncommon for California. I spent the day in the big city of Ukiah. I brought my Mom down for some minor eye surgery. It took forever for them to do it. I dropped her off at ten fifteen. They finally finished at four twenty. Mom wasn't a happy camper and I don't blame her. There were several delays during the day as she was supposed to have been out of outpatient surgery at twelve thirty. I just busied myself with little errands and shopping while I waited. In the end I was listening to Mozart in the parking lot while I dozed with the seat back.
On the ride home I spotted this lone Douglas Iris rising up from the forest floor on the side of the road. I couldn't resist stopping and creating an image of it.

Blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment