Saturday, May 28, 2011

Red Shouldered Hawk


Today it was raining so I went out to the Burris Ranch to check and see how my mealworm feeders were working for the Bluebirds. I discovered that they were working really well. In fact there were three bluebirds bringing food to the nest box. I screwed on a bark knothole front to the nest box and I walked back to the gate to see what the bluebirds would do. While I was waiting a Red Shouldered Hawk suddenly swooped down and landed on something close to the nest box. I grabbed my camera from the car and watched as the hawk flew up from the field with a vole in its beak. A beautiful sight to see! I hung around for awhile longer and waited for the bluebirds to resume their feeding which they did. A successful day all the way around in spite of the rain.

God's love and blessings to all,
chris

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Judy. A seredipitous moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Shot!!! Red-shouldered hawks are one one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cate. I can see why. Red Shoulders have such vivid coloring compared to other hawks.

    ReplyDelete