Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Months in the Making






Some images require some advance planning to make them happen. These bluebird images were months in the making. In late winter I put up five bluebird nest boxes out at the Burris ranch.This spring the bluebirds chose one of the nest boxes to use. Of the other four swallows have taken up residence in two of them. One was knocked down by the horses using it as a back rub! The remaining nest box wasn't used by anything.
I have been monitioring the bluebirds progress. Just this week I put up a meal worm feeder nearby the nest box. I also added a knothole front piece of bark to the box once I found out the bluebirds were feeding thier young. Yesterday I set up a photoblind and slowly moved it closer and closer to the nest box during the day. So it took a few months and the bluebirds help to create these images.

God's love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment