Friday, November 19, 2010

Marble Meteor (View Large)


Blowtorch. Check. Safety goggles. Check. Area cleared of flammables . Check. Fire Extinguisher. Check. It sure doesn't sound like your normal photo session. Last night while lying in bed I came up with an idea for an image. I wanted to create a marble meteor using a marble and a blow torch.

This morning after dropping Jay and Annika at school I set to work. Using a boom I hung a marble on black wire in front of a black back drop. Lighting the torch I then applied the flame slowly to the marble to keep it from exploding from thermal shock. After that it was just a matter of finding the correct exposure to properly illuminate the marble being fired up by the blow torch.
Following that I combined the image with several other images of marbles that I have created. I had a lot of fun creating this image. It is beautiful and it has some whimsy to it.

Please let me know that you think of the image in the comment section below.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment