Monday, November 29, 2010

A Gift



A Gift

It’s amazing how much more wildlife you can see in the forest if you just sit still for a while. Yesterday while sitting watching the salmon spawn in the creek the bird life seemed to just appear out of no where. A flock of Chestnut Backed Chickadees and some other small birds began feeding on seeds and sprouts low to the ground around me. One bold Chickadee landed on a Bracken Fern right in front of me. Far too close for my camera to focus.
A few moments later a Song Sparrow began scavenging the cattails along the opposite bank of the creek from where I was sitting. This went on for about fifteen minutes before the flock moved on down the creek. Later a Sharp Shinned Hawk swept through looking for its meal. It caught me totally off guard with only the time to enjoy its swift flight forgetting all about my camera. A nice quiet moment spent in the forest.

God’s love and blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment