Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chasing My Sisters







This is one of those goals that doesn't seem to have an end. I have been trying for years. Yes, years! To get an incredibly good image of a "California Sister Butterfly". I have taken some good ones but never have created one that I can truly state captures the essence of that particular butterfly. None yet that I can look at and say. "Oh, What a beautiful California Sister!"

Earlier this week in the afternoon it was hot. So I decided to make an attempt at photographing a Sister. I got out the hose and watered down a section of the backyard around my garden pond. I sprayed the rocks and the plants. Within minutes a really ragged Sister came by and after several flights around the pond came in for a closer look and landed on the rock and grabbed a long drink.
I spent the next hour sneaking slowly up on Sisters and trying to find a really good composition. I'm getting a little closer but I'm still looking for that one image that truly captures their essence.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment