Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Fog Has Returned

Today I awoke to a beautiful sunny day. By the time I finished breakfast that all changed with the arrival of the fog off of the ocean. We live on a ridgetop roughly eighteen miles inland from the coast. Which in simple terms means that we sometimes get fog also called the "Marine Layer". When we first moved here it was almost a daily event during the summertime. Now it seems to come in less and less. This summer it has only been foggy about ten times or so. It's funny that the fog just comes in just far enough to cover our ridgetop. I can get out of the fog into the sunshine by just heading a hundred yards to the east. Simply amazing!



I went for a short photo hike down the ridge earlier but since then I've been being domestic by doing the recycling and putting together some storage cabinets for my office.



God's light and love to all,
chris

No comments:

Post a Comment