Monday, June 7, 2010

Slim Pickings the Grass Isn't Greener

Well, today I finally checked out the other side of the fence and it isn't any greener. In fact the pickings were far worse. Today I spent about an hour and a half in my new blind set up on another ranch about forty five minutes east of where I live. For some reason the birds didn't like the position of my new feeder. I think that it is too close to the nest of a nearby Red Shouldered Hawk though that is just a guess upon my part.I saw a few Western Tanagers but they were up in the trees and there was no sign that my new feeder had even been touched.



Because the feeder appeared untouched I moved it to a new location and moved the blind close to it. I left and then went back to the other ranch I have been photographing at. There I found most of the feed cleaned out of the feeders and a covey of quail right next to the blind. So I restocked the feeders and headed for home. I guess the grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence, at least so far. So I'll keep trying.



I did mange to photograph a wild turkey next to the road putting on his display and I got an image of a Western Fence Lizard on the ranches gate post as I was leaving to go back home today.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment