Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mixed Bag Close to Home




This morning I got off to a slow start venturing out the door at about seven- thirty in the morning. I wanted to check a local spot for dragonflies. The spot used to be really good and over the past few years it has dwindled to almost nothing. Today was no exception as I only saw one dragonfly that was on the move and wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.



What I did find was Western Fence Lizards in abundance. They were warming themselves on the rocks to start up the day.After stalking them for a while I spotted a Buckeye Butterfly flitting among the rocks. It was just beautiful. I then headed for the creek. I stopped along the way and focused my camera on a Valley Quail guarding his flock. Once I got to the creek I photographed some rocks in the current. It was a good spot to photograph as it was cool next to the creek.















When I arrived home there were some butterflies just inside the gate waiting to have their photograph taken. It was a wonderful morning.

God 's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment