Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Leapin' Lizards or a Cheap Model







My son Jay and my daughter Annika brought me a Northern Alligator Lizard they captured while restacking the woodpile. Alligator Lizards are tough little characters as far as lizards go. When cornered by predators bigger than themselves the go into attack mode. They hiss and bite at their attacker. As for humans they are pretty harmless because the lizards can't hurt you as the bite is less intense than being pinched by someone. It sure does make one pause when you go to pick one up and they start hissing and trying to bite you. Scary little devils!



In any case this morning I set up my trusty plastic tub and a rock. I placed them near the window and proceeded to get some really nice images of the little critter using a 100 mm. macro lens on a tripod. I used a piece of blue tagboard for a sky and I shot the lizard in a wide variety of different poses. I really like how some of the images worked out.

God's light and love to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment