Friday, April 9, 2010

Home Day


Annika had a sleepover last night so it was a sleep in day for everyone. I was up late keeping my daughter and her friends from mischief. Not a difficult task as they are all great kids. So I didn't crawl out of bed until after eleven Oclock. Not that common for me as I'm an early riser.Today was declared a home day by Lenore. In simplest terms this means little or no photography as there is work to be done around the house. So we swept and vacuumed etc. until the house was once again in reasonable shape.

I finally picked up my camera around four thirty or so with hummingbirds on my mind. I had been watching them fly by the windows as I was working on cleaning the living room up.I set up a patio chair on the deck about five feet away from the feeders and shot away with a single flash. Every once in awhile a hummer would land on the clothesline that the feeders were hanging from and turn towards me in display. An Anna's humminbird in display is an amazing sight even if you have seen it before. It is positively beautiful. The problem was when they would do it it seemed like it was always too close for my camera to focus.

Finally though it happened. A male Anna's landed near the end of the clothesline turned towards me and let it shine. I quickly turned my camera towards him, composed and took two quick shots. I couldn't wait to see them on the monitor. Later on when downloading it turned out to be my favorite shot even though it was on a clothesline.

God's blessings to all,

chris

No comments:

Post a Comment